Monday's are often stir fry night around here. We shop on Tuesdays so whatever veggies are still around Monday are probably ready to GO! This is the sugar free and gluten free versionof Teriyaki Chicken that we eat. It helps to finish all the veggies!
We used to eat a version of Teriyaki Chicken that used sugar but we are working on limiting our family's sugar intake these days. It really wasn't hard to adapt at all!
Being totally gluten free is important for us since my oldest daughter has Celiac Disease. Also by avoiding most sugar she also has been able to manage her Fibromyalgia pain which helps her to live a more normal life! All good things!
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry with Vegetables
Ingredients for 5-6 servings
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (for my THM friends you can use Bragg's aminos but use less than 1/3 cup or it will be super salty. Add water or chicken broth to replace the liquid)
- 1/2 cup Truvia or xylitol
- 1 1/2 T red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp vegetable or sesame oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken
- 1-2 bags stir fry vegetables or fresh veggies cut small
Combine all ingredients except chicken in a small measuring cup. Mix well. If you are making rice, don't forget to get it started. It will be done by the time your stir fry is finished.
2 easy ways to cook this dish!
1. Place chicken in baking dish along with vegetables. Pour sauce over the top and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve over rice.
2. Cook chicken in sauce on the stove top. Add vegetables when chicken is almost done. Serve over rice.
Great freezer meal!
This sauce freezes so well! Place the ingredients for the sauce in a quart size freezer bag and then add your chicken.
By freezing the sauce with the chicken it marinates and gives the chicken awesome flavor!
I don't add my vegetables with the chicken and sauce but you could. Then you would know that you have everything for this meal ready to go! (you would need a gallon size bag if you do this!)
This is truly one of the easiest meals I make. Quick cooking meal with a few ingredients with the option to be a freezer meal makes it a win every time!
Make sure that you go check out other great chicken recipes and freezer meals like Lemon Chicken, BBQ chicken and much more!
Related posts you don't want to miss!