Need a comfort food meal in about 20 minutes? We threw Cheesy Chicken and Cabbage skillet together last night before heading out the door for a meeting. YUMMY!
It's similar to Egg Roll in a Bowl which is low carb and full of good fats but this recipe is a low fat and low carb meal. We usually eat it as an low fat meal(for THM peeps) with some healthy low glycemic carbs like brown rice and applesauce.
So come on into my kitchen and check out this fast and filling Cheesy Chicken and Cabbage recipe. Keep the ingredients on hand for "those" nights when you have no time but need some comfort food!
Chicken in the Freezer
Right now I have whole chicken breasts frozen plus some that have been diced, cooked and shredded. We also meals like sugar free BBQ chicken, chicken and zoodles, lemon chicken and a few more ready to thaw to pop in the oven or the crockpot!
Chicken in the freezer takes meal time from being a head ache to being a breeze.
The chicken for this recipe was boiled ahead of time and frozen. But you definitely can do the recipe from fresh chicken. Boil the chicken breasts or stick them in the oven. Either works!
Cheesy Chicken and Cabbage
- 1.5 lbs of diced chicken breast
- Small head of cabbage sliced thin or go simple with one or two 16 oz packages of coleslaw mix
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1-2 T. Soy sauce or Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 pkg fat free cream cheese
- 1 c mozzarella cheese
- Dice and cook the chicken. Add the cabbage to the skillet and cook until it is wilted.
- Add 1 package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese. Let the cream cheese soften and then stir well to combine with the cabbage.
- Then sprinkle 1 c mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Melt the cheese on low.
Makes 6 servings. Calories 230, Fat 4 g Carbs 5 g Protein 30 g
THM followers if you want an easy E meal then serve over brown rice. We love green beans, salad and apple sauce to go with this main dish!
Make sure to check out all these recipes that work for the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle!