I love my front porch. It welcomes me home every time I am away.
I retreat there in the middle of the day when I need to just sit outside and enjoy some fresh air. We’ve never had a house with a porch and I confess that it is one of the main reasons I wanted to buy this house.
It's been fun adding ferns, flowers, watering cans, plus a pallet sign that I love has just made this space extra special to me. You will often find me there reading, resting and just watching nature do its thing.
BEST things about my retreat
- Wicker furniture that we got for a song from Craig's list
- Its in the shade almost all day
- Hummingbirds are buzzing around constantly
- I always feel welcomed home when we walk to the door
Plans for the space in 2016
I love flowers and working outside so this weekend I was able to spruce up my retreat with ferns and flowers. Ferns are the perfect plant to compliment the wicker furniture. They please my eyes with their cool green which provides just a bit a color. Then I like to have a brighter splash of color with a red geranium on one of the tables.
Late afternoon brings the hot sun so I'm looking at making some drop cloth curtains that would block the sun a it and keep my kitchen cooler when the temperatures go up. I'm still working on the how-to for that "DIY" project.
Overall I don't need to change a thing for my lovely porch retreat.
It's one of my favorite places night or day!
Life is Lovely
I want to invite you to a resource that can bring you up when things seem really down. Each week, some friends and I will be sharing what is lovely in our lives. Maybe a photo, something we've read, or a a funny video.
We'd love for you to participate. Share the good things in your life this week!
Welcome to the Life is Lovely Link Up!
We'll be here each Tuesday celebrating the lovely in our lives. Link up a post below that celebrates whatever is lovely in your life! Each week we will pick a feature that will be pinned to our Pinterest Board and featured in the following week's link up.
Last weeks Features
Party Rules and Information
- You can link up one post that shares what is lovely in your life.
- Visit and comment on at least 3 other blogs. This is a party!
- Follow each host in some way.
- Family-friendly links only.
- Link back to our link up via our button or a text link.
- Each week with will pick a featured post. By linking up you give us permission to feature our post on the following week's link up.