This morning the house is quiet. Everyone is sleeping and my husband has left for work. This is my favorite time of the day. The quiet before the insanity starts.
My to-do list is a mile long and I know already that I won’t get it all done. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed and just not try.
Instead I’m sitting down with my planner(legal pad—ha!) and my morning cup of tea.
It seems silly but if I can sip out of my favorite mug for a few minutes in the calm quiet of the morning then my day has already been awesome! I try to build little pleasures like this into my day. It keeps me going and helps to feed my soul as the day progresses.
- Cup of favorite tea in the quiet morning
- Encouraging playlist on my phone
- Reading scripture as I ride the bike
- Listening to podcasts as I drive and run errands
- Texts with friends to share our day and encourage each other
- Homemade PB cups
- Hugs from my kidos
- Reading a good book before sleeping
- Reading happy stories on the internet--the Life is Lovely Link up is perfect for this!
Life is Lovely
I want to invite you to a resource that can bring you up when things seem really down. Each week, some friends and I will be sharing what is lovely in our lives. Maybe a photo, something we've read, or a a funny video.
We'd love for you to participate. Share the good things you have found in your life this week!
Welcome to the Life is Lovely Link Up!
We'll be here each Tuesday celebrating the lovely in our lives. Link up a post below that celebrates whatever is lovely in your life! Each week we will pick a feature that will be pinned to our Pinterest Board and featured in the following week's link up.
Last weeks Featured Posts
Does God Hear Me from All that Motivates
Why My Kids Do Not Play the Piano from My Three Sons Shine
How Motherhood is Like a Brownie from Guilty Chocoholic Mama
Bravely Be You, Farewell Fear, You Loose from Whatever is Lovely Living
One of Us from Gypsy Road
You could be featured here next week!
Party Rules and Information
- You can link up one post that shares what is lovely in your life.
- Visit and comment on at least 3 other blogs. This is a party!
- Follow each host in some way.
- Family-friendly links only.
- Link back to our link up via our button or a text link.
- Each week with will pick a featured post. By linking up you give us permission to feature our post on the following week's link up.