Summer weather is finally here! How do I know? Well I haven’t had to slip on a hoodie for a week or two. Missouri weather can be rather bipolar but once it hits 80 and stays there I am SO happy!
We’ve been enjoying the weather so I thought I would share some of my favorite summer things. This is what makes summer to me.
1. Smell of sunscreen. I don’t know what it is about the smell of sunscreen but it instantly takes me to the pool. It’s one of my favorite places and I love watching my kids horse around in the water. I even get in some of the time!
3. Butterflies. I have a TON of flowers blooming right now and the butterflies are everywhere!
4. Cool breezes. All of our windows are open and we run the attic fan in the morning and evening. It keeps us from turning on the air conditioner for a few more weeks. I find when the AC is on we stop going outside as much. It just gets really hot and humid here in July and August but for now we are loving the warmer weather.
5. Fun school. We have finished Math and the end is in sight for all of our other subjects. It is nice to know when you get WAY behind on your homeschool you CAN get caught up before July. That means we can start doing some more fun activities that are reserved for summer. Swim Team, library scavenger hunts, trips to the park, play dates etc.
I’m looking at our summer fun and planning some adventures for the kids, our family and myself! I’ll be sharing more about that in the next week or so!
Life is Lovely
I want to invite you to a resource that can bring you up when things seem really down. Each week, some friends and I will be sharing what is lovely in our lives. Maybe a photo, something we've read, or a a funny video.
We'd love for you to participate. Share the good things in your life this week!
Welcome to the Life is Lovely Link Up!
We'll be here each Tuesday celebrating the lovely in our lives. Link up a post below that celebrates whatever is lovely in your life! Each week we will pick a feature that will be pinned to our Pinterest Board and featured in the following week's link up.
Last weeks Features
You could be featured here next week!
Bravely Be You: Confidence & Bravery in Jesus from Whatsoever is Lovely Living
Grilled Chicken Caprese from Lisa's Dinnertime Dish
My Favorite Homemade Lemonade Recipe from Country Mouse City Spouse
Favorite Vacation from Seri's Blog
Farmer's Eggs from Our Good Life
Meet the hosts of Life is Lovely Link up
Party Rules and Information
- You can link up one post that shares what is lovely in your life.
- Visit and comment on at least 3 other blogs. This is a party!
- Follow each host in some way.
- Family-friendly links only.
- Link back to our link up via our button or a text link.
- Each week with will pick a featured post. By linking up you give us permission to feature our post on the following week's link up.
Grab our Button!