**revised** This is not a true fuel cycle--so I changed the name of the post. Don't be confused!
As I communicated with a wonderful admin on the FB group page, I realized that this is what the THM book calls the scheduled "Free Styling" method. Chapter 11 talks about using full fuel days as a way of Free Styling. I've also adjusted the menu to not have dairy or sugar-free peanut butter on the low carb(S) days. I did allow myself a very small amount of these when I followed this version of the THM plan for 3 weeks.
In the past few months, I've been frustrated with my weight loss on the Trim Healthy Mama plan.
Healing takes time & rest.
I LOVE the Trim Healthy Mama plan. It works but my circumstances worked against weight loss. The scheduled free styling menu below plus increasing my activity level is how I have managed to get the scale moving in the right direction again and I'm slowly loosing weight once more. Go back and read how I have gained since August for the whole story.
Below is Week #1's menu. I did 3 weeks of the scheduled free styling and now I'm taking 2 weeks off.
It was time. Being so strict it made me want to cheat more. Not a good place to be.
Day 1--Focus on Low Carb meals
**I drink GGMS & Shrinker off and on all day
- Breakfast--Scrambled eggs, bacon, Light Bulletproof Tea
- Snack--Skinny Chocolate & Hormel lunch meat wrapped in leafy lettuce
- Lunch--Leafy green salad, Baked Salmon, Tangy & Sweet Vinaigrette, skinny chocolate(p. 371)
- Snack--Snickers Shake
- Supper--Meatloaf(p. 316), leafy green salad, steamed broccoli & cauliflower, olive oil, skinny chocolate
Day 2--Focus on Low Carb meals
- Breakfast--Broccoli & Ham Quiche
- Snack--Skinny chocolate & Hormel lunch meat wrapped in leafy lettuce
- Lunch--Panera Mediterranean Chicken Salad(Hidden Menu), olive oil,
- Snack--Cake in Mug(pg. 379)
- Supper--Crabbie Patties(p. 338), leafy green salad, olive oil
- Dessert--Skinny chocolate
Day 3--Focus on Protein--light day
- Breakfast--Yogurt, 1/2 scoop protein powder, berries
- Snack--Berry Whey Smoothie with Spinach(p. 243)
- Lunch--Loaded Fotato Soup(p. 294), Joseph's Lavash bread with deli meat, lettuce & tomato
- Snack--Cucumbers, turkey pepperoni
- Supper--Easy Chicken Yogurt Bake(p. 323), leafy green salad, steamed broccoli & cauliflower
- Dessert--Unfudgy No Bake Cookies
Day 4--Focus on Protein--light day
- Breakfast--Berry Smoothie(p. 243) with egg white scramble & turkey bacon
- Snack--Hormel lunch meat wrapped in leafy lettuce
- Lunch--Just like Campbell's Tomato soup(light p. 293), 1 wasa cracker(rye), cottage cheese & leafy green salad
- Snack--cottage cheese with Berry Syrup
- Supper--Citrus Fish Bake(p. 286), Cauli Rice(p. 358) & carrots & a leafy green salad
- Dessert--Light Bulletproof Tea
Day 5 Focus on low-glycemic Carbs & Protein
(CARBS are SO important to loosing weight. But be sure to choose low-glycemic ones!)
- Breakfast--French Toast topped with Greek yogurt & 1/2 a banana(I LOVE bananas)
- Snack--cottage cheese with Berry syrup & piece of fruit
- Lunch--Hormel deli meat sandwich with sprouted wheat bread(Trader Joe's) , carrots, triple zero yogurt
- Snack--Orange and low fat cheese stick
- Supper--Chicken & Beans and Rice with Trader Joe's baked blue corn chips
- Dessert--Light Bullet proof Tea, Josheph's Lavash with Laughing Cow cheese(aldi brand)
Weekends are crazy around here and I find it easier to just free style and switch it up. Make sure to have AT LEAST one low-glycemic carb meal or snack each day! As you can see I used recipes from the THM book and just basic foods. Nothing crazy or special.
Week #2's menu are coming!
Let me know if you decide to give this a try!
More THM help