Are you on the hunt for a great teacher appreciation gift? Teacher Appreciation Day is May 8th!!!! So don’t wait too long to make these Pencil Holders for each of your child’s teachers.
Not interested in making these yourself?
The be sure you check out my Etsy page because you can order them from me! Blue Daisy Dreamer is my handmade craft design business so that is the name on my Etsy page.
I participate in the Amazom.com affiliates program. If you make a purchase after following one of my affiliate links (like the ones above) I earn a small commission, but it does not affect the price you pay. For more information please see my disclosure page. Thank you for supporting Day to Day Adventures.
Materials Needed for Teacher appreciation pencil holder
- Remove straws from the straw holder
- Design your words on your cutting machine. I used Clementine(from Font Bundles) and Times New Roman for creating my Pencil Holder. You can use any scroll type and block type font!
- Cut the black and red letters separately!
- Weed the vinyl and use transfer tape or contact paper to “pick up” the vinyl.
- Mark the holder with a dry erase marker so you can get it straight!
- Apply Black and then Red vinyl to your straw holder.
- Fill with pencils. Regular or colored!
Photo tutorial to make a Pencil Holder for Teacher Appreciation Day
Cut vinyl on Cricut or Silhouette machine
Use tweezers to weed out the unwanted vinyl!
Ready to apply!
Apply the black text! Hint: Use a dry erase marker to get a straight line!
Honestly I just eyeball the red to make sure it looks good!
Pick up the vinyl using transfer tape! It makes this project SO easy!
Slowly peel away the transfer tape and after pressing down on the letters gently. You don't want to crack the pencil holder!
What to read next