Today could be a downer for me. Today I turn 40
(Prepare your self for lots of pictures—sorry!)
(18 years old)
I’m not a teenager anymore(thank God!)
The 20s are a fond memory & the good old 30s are done………
Ever since I can remember when people ask my age they exclaim—NO way you aren’t that old. I also get “there is NO way you have a kid that old.” I like that I look younger than what my id says.
Today I am not going to be unhappy that I am 40. I am choosing to be thankful for all the blessings that God has placed in my life.
In fact I thought I would list some of those blessings. These are in no particular order.
1. A husband who loves me and gives me more joy than I deserve.
2. Adult son coming home “just because” he likes to hang out with his parents.
3. My beautiful, loving children
4. Flowers delivered unexpectedly!
5. Parents who love me
6. Connecting with my brother & sister recently
7. Projects to keep my hands & mind busy
8. Sunshine instead of rain—everyone knows how much I love the sun after days of winter gray.
9. Being a stay-at-home mom
10. Flowers blooming early this year!
12. Daughters who cheer me on & laugh at my sillies
13. Food in the frig, gas in the car, clothes on my back
14. My iphone—seriously would go crazy with out it
15. Dark curtains to keep the light out when I want to sleep in on my birthday(any day).
16. Friends who forget I like to sleep in and text me at 7 am to wish me a happy 40th.
17. Death by chocolate cake with peanut butter between the layers(aaaahhhh)
18. Anticipation of a afternoon with my mom
19. Sweet hugs from my youngest
21. A mother-in-law & father-in-law who have helped me to grow and treat me as one of their own.
22. Friends who walk beside me, cry in sympathy, laugh for no reason, understand when there are no words left to say.
24. My precious church family
25. The Brush/Schweikert clan—we aren’t hillbillies really(if you don’t count some of them)
26. Little girl giggles, big girl hugs
28. My hip—defective but functioning
29. Comfortable place to lay my head at night
30. Memories stuck down, decorated & sitting on a shelf for times when I need to remember.
31. Lessons learned, paradigms shifted
32. Abby’s companionship
33. Peanut butter
34. Plans for the future—gardens, vacations, trips
35. 21 years with my love
36. Warm breezes of spring
37. Energy to get up each day
38. Little boy energy, big boy compassion
39. Messes to clean, laundry to do, errands to run
40. One more breath—means that I am still here with a purpose to live out as I make this journey
I love this saying from pinterest.
Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
Try making your list—I promise you won’t be sorry.