We made a super fast trip out of town yesterday.
I knew it was coming but wasn’t sure we were going to be able to go or where we were going to stay. Steve had a class to go to so I was on my own when we arrived around 6:30 p.m.
What I didn’t want was 4 starving kids & me having to find food that was close to the hotel and inexpensive.
Instead I cooked our dinner at home.
Weird you say?
You thought I was leaving town?
I did and I brought my favorite appliance with me to the hotel.
Before I went to town for a few groceries & the girls Bible study I put my plan in to action.
- Step 1--I grabbed a package of BBQ Chicken out of the freezer. I defrosted it in the sink in cool water enough that I could break them apart.
- Step 2—Next, I dumped the chicken in the crock pot & turned it on High. Normally I do this on low all day but I was short on time.
- Step 3--Elizabeth grabbed 6 potatoes, washed & wrapped them in foil, and stuck them in the oven on 300 degrees.
- We were gone for about 3 hours and when we returned home the chicken & potatoes were done.
- Step 4—I dumped the “juice” from the chicken, put the potatoes in the crockpot & replaced the lid.(I didn’t want sauce to spill in the suburban) We packed up the suburban with our clothes, games & the food.
- Step 5--2 hours later at the hotel I shredded the chicken with a fork & we had BBQ chicken sandwiches with a baked potatoes.(It was still very warm!)
The perfect end to a busy day.
I love using my slow cooker and freezer to make life just a little bit easier!