Well I changed my 2 month family calendar today. August is on the board with school start dates & all.
There were several groans & lamenting all around.
Me included. There are lots of projects to do & vacation time to take before Michael moves back on campus. We will miss College Boy when he moves out. There are always fun things happening with him around.
It is hot(REALLY HOT) here in mid-MO. I think the heat may be affecting my almost 20 year old’s brain power.
10 Things old teens do (that make me shake my head)
10. Call to see if I have time to bring him lunch
9. Thank me & his sister for the awesome lunch(it was leftovers)
8. Move computer to nearest flat surface so we can eat supper at the table—bathroom?
7. Play ninja at the park in the 95+ weather
6. Watch a zillion Dr. Who movies
5. Go film a movie with friends in the 95+ weather
4. Build a fire for movie & make it really big
(did I mention it is really hot here?)
3. Play Pass the Pigs with his younger brother & sister at WAY past their bed time—okay I guess I did encourage this one
2. Work on a speech for class at 6:30 in the morning out in the driveway
1. Sleep with the window open because he is cold—the air is on & the vent in the bedroom is open
As much as Michael baffles me at time, I am so thankful for my oldest son. His laugh, the random piano moments that happen, watching movies until late & feeling that all my chicks are under one roof again. It has been a growing, learning time in the last year so it has been good that he came home for the summer.