Every spring and fall I organize a getaway for ladies.
It started out as a scrapbook retreat & that is what most of them do but some sew, cross stitch, organize tax information, etc. I am so grateful for this weekend to get things DONE that have been nagging at my attention.
Someone once told me that it was a party with all my best friends.
What I have found is that there are people who will come who need something and there will just the right person who will be willing to give the advice or help that they need. We will laugh ourselves silly.
There will be tears at least once and there will be healing. Sometimes I just sit back and watch the different people talking, laughing and praying and think “Thank you God for letting me be part of this.”
Serving these ladies is something with which God has blessed me.
There is a lot going on this week!
Here is my list to help me be ready.
1. Pack clothes, towel, toothbrush, oh and my scrapbook supplies
2. Run errands & do my coupon/grocery shopping
3. Send a few emails to friends about how much fun we are going to have! Who is riding with me?
4. Go to Hobby Lobby or Michael’s to pick up some supplies
5. Go to the dentist—yuck
6. Clean the fish tank
7. Stay healthy—have I mentioned everyone in my house is sick except the parents? Emergen-C please!
8. Go to bed on time so I can stay up late on Friday & Saturday nights!
9. Buy some yummy/healthy snacks to take along
10. Pray for each person coming & ask God to guide me in all ways this weekend. What we get done is less important than what He is going to get done.