This blog post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Very teeny and it doesn’t change a thing for you!
Why sugar free recipes keep me feeling good!
When I focus on good fats, protein and low glycemic carbs I feel so good! I don't get that sugar spike and crash any more. Plus I definitely have to keep my reputation with the kids as chief of the sugar police here. Not really but we do try to limit how much sugar we eat.
Healthy doesn't mean it tastes bad
There are tons of benefits from using sprouted grains in your baking. My favorite is that the carbs are reduced and that means I can have toast and sandwiches without spiking my blood sugar. I like to pair these muffins with an egg white omelette, turkey sausage or on-plan yogurt to get the protein to help balance out the carbs in the Spice muffins.
Trim Healthy Mama's: these muffins are low enough in fat that you can add a small amount of butter(1 tsp) and stay in the E range.
Mmmmm butter plus cinnamon in a sweet muffin? Perfect breakfast for me!
No Sugar Spice Muffins
Ingredients: Makes 18, Serving size 2
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup xylitol or 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c low fat sour cream
- 3 cups sprouted wheat flour(how to sprout and grind flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- xylitol and cinnamon(topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray muffin pans with small amount of oil
- Mix eggs, honey or xylitol, applesauce, spices, vanilla, salt and sour cream.
- Add flour, baking soda and powder and mix well.
- Scoop in to regular muffin pan
- Mix xylitol and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the unbaked muffins
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Cool and enjoy!
- These are best if they are refrigerated after they are cooled.
Nutritional information for muffins made with honey. Carbs: 38, Fat 2, Protein 8, Fiber 6 (myfitnesspal.com)
Never heard of Trim Healthy Mama? Well let me tell you about how we made some diet changes a few years ago!
Related THM posts that you NEED to check out!