Rag rugs add character and color to a room!
Beautiful handmade rugs add charm and creativity to a home's decor! If you buy one at craft show or commission one to be done they can be VERY expensive!
Did you know that you can take scrap fabric or sheets an make your own rag rug?
You just need 3 things to make a rag rug
You may be thinking--why would I want to start a rug project in the summer?
3 Reasons to start a rug project NOW
- It takes time to start. Decisions need to be made. You probably will take a while to decide what color will you make your rug
- Materials need to be ready. Then fabric needs to be gathered and you need to acquire a needle. Also if you are looking for cheap fabric it will take more time to find than a trip to the fabric store.
- Learning the steps. Read the Rag Rug series(8 in all) or the Rags to Rugs eBook!
By the time you are ready to start, you will be totally prepared to settle in on your rug and work on it all through the fall and winter.
Making Rag Rugs is an awesome way to utilize your scraps of fabric and make something unique and beautiful at the same time!
Check out the Rag Rug Series to learn how to make your own!
6. Add rows to the base of the rag rug (2/20/17)
7. Finishing a rag rug and basic rug care (2/24/17)
8. How do I get a needle? (2/27/17)
Want all the steps to make a rag rug NOW? You can get an ad-free, printable .pdf for easy to follow instructions that you can take with you anywhere for just $5.
If you purchase the ebook, then you are getting more detailed explanations than the blog posts but if you want to make rugs for free then just be sure to visit each post!
A printed copy means you don't need to be on the internet to follow the directions.